Friday, June 13, 2008

Theo the Tumor vs BEP the destroyer

Round 1


My husbands tumor is treatable. What a relief! I was able to expel a breathe this afternoon I didn't even realize I was holding in (although I'm sure my friends were aware of it, just nice enough to let me live in my favorite country of Egypt...floating down de nile...). God bless my friends (Fran and Iris have been particularly lovely), my family (my sister and mom are ready to jump on an 11 hour flight if I say the word) and my neighbors (ever present, always making sure we are well).
We will get a confirmation on the diagnoisis on Monday, and he will most likely go into the hospital at the end of next week for his first round of Chemo (BEP), which will mean a 6 day stay.

To keep his mood up while In there I've ordered an enlarged version of this photo for his hospital room.

Freddy always makes him smile.

Although his first question about the hospital visit was, 'Will I have internet access?'

Love my husband's ability to get down into it.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It will be a long tunnel, but at least I can see the light.

No comments: